We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Root vegetable soup
Jarred beetroot are great for this recipe, making it ready in minutes. Try serving with a dollop of soured cream.
41 people made this
- 1 (284ml) tub soured cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 small onion
- 175g (6 oz) cooked beetroot
- crushed ice
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Place soured cream, lemon juice, onion and beetroot into a food processor or blender and purée until mixture is smooth.
- Add ice or cold water to desired consistency, chill and serve with a dollop of soured cream on top.
Use half fat soured cream to lose some of the fat and calories.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (24)
Used different ingredients.I added extra lemon juice (one whole lemon), onion, salt, lots of pepper and an entire tub of soured cream (plus extra for garnish), then added cold ice water until it was the right consistency I made this as a starter for a vegetarian dinner party, and everyone LOVED it. Delicious and simple!! My favourite kind of recipe!!!-24 Jul 2008
I am not a great beetroot lover. However, this was fantastic. It took longer to wash and dry the blender than it did to make the soup. How do you spell "scrumptious"?-24 Jul 2008
Wow! Yum!-24 Jul 2008