We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Loaf cake
This is a lovely way to start off your morning when you want something different than your usual.
866 people made this
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 1 dessertspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225ml (8 fl oz) buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the topping
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dessertspoon butter
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:50min ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease one 23x12cm (9x5 in) loaf tin.
- Measure flour, 200g sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf tin. Smooth top.
- Combine 2 tablespoons caster sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with a skewer; when inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to a wire cooling rack.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1047)
Reviews in English (827)
Used different ingredients.Subbed in gluten free flour, omitted the bicarb and substituted yoghurt, milk and a splash of vinegar for the buttermilk...-15 May 2010
Great recipe, stood up very well to me making it gluten free and subbing like mad. Very moist, cinnamony cake. Yum!-15 May 2010
Love this. Makes a gorgeous, moist cinnamon loaf. I added a small handful of desiccated coconut to mine as well.-07 Nov 2011