We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Seafood pasta
Divine crab cakes that are so easy to prepare! Perfect recipe if you are looking for something simple that is just a little different.
31 people made this
- 100g (4 oz) uncooked linguine pasta
- 225g (8 oz) crab meat
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 30g (1 oz) fine dried breadcrumbs
- small handful chopped fresh coriander
- 1 dessertspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- For the coriander-lime mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- small handful finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- Cook linguine according to packet instructions. Drain, and cut into 5cm (2 in) pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab, linguine, eggs, spring onions, breadcrumbs, coriander, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- On greaseproof paper, divide mixture into 6 equal piles; form each pile into a patty. Make sure linguine is well incorporated and not sticking out.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil and cook patties over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on kitchen roll. Serve with coriander-lime mayonnaise.
- For the coriander-lime mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise, coriander, lime zest and juice in a small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Chill until ready to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(23)
Reviews in English (26)
Altered ingredient amounts.The consistency, texture and flavour come through on this one. It's great. Although, I like the lime sauce a little less strong so I add less lime juice.-15 Sep 2008
Made it healthier.I added a little fresh chopped garlic and extra coriander to the cakes, otherwise I thought they were a little bland. I also substituted low-fat soured cream for the mayonnaise and that worked very well!-15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients.Oh these are good! I thought there were too many noodles so set some aside but them used them up as I went along so they were perfect...wasn't the prettiest looking (didn't even try to prevent noodles from sticking out) but it tastes great! Also added some garlic. YUM!-15 Sep 2008